Rules & Regulations

Structure of KOUSHAL Competition:

Level 1: Preliminary Exam (online)

  • An online written test using digital devices will be conducted for students of classes 8th, 9th & 10th. The written test will be an open book exam with multiple choice questions on Mathematics, Science from their respective class (AP State Syllabus) & Indian Contributions to science for 60 Marks and Time will be 60 minutes.
  • Top three from each class from each school will get e-Certificate.
  • The topper of each class will be selected as Quiz Team Member. The quiz team consists of three students (from all classes) Their aggregate mark will be considered as School Team mark.


Level 2:   District Level Competition

  • Top 36 Schools will be called for District Level Competition.
  • Quiz will be conducted in two rounds.
  • Cash Awards to Quiz Team at District Level: 1st: 7500/- 2nd: 6000/- 3rd: 4500/-   Three Consolation Prizes will be announced depending on number of entries / Participation.
  • Top two teams in District will be allowed to participate in State Level Quiz.


Level 3: State Level Competition

  • Top Two teams selected in District level from each District shall be allowed for the State Level Koushal Competition.
  • Preliminary Round of Quiz will be conducted for all teams.
  • Final Quiz will be conducted for the top six teams selected from preliminary Round.
  • Top Three Teams will be given Cash Awards.
  • Cash Awards for Quiz Team: 1st: 15000 2nd:  12000    3rd: 9000. Three consolation awards: 6000 each
  • The rules will be announced at the venue. It will be conducted using a projector. The decision of the organizing team, quiz-master will be final and will not be subjected to any change.
  • Quiz Competition will be conducted in two rounds: Preliminary Round and Final Round.
  • No registration fees. Registration through website.



KOUSHAL preliminary test will be conducted using digital devices & online platforms. The registered students will be allowed to access the exam from his or her own device, namely, a smart phone (mobile), laptop, or desktop from their homes. All the students will have to appear for the examination through their own devices with internet connectivity from their home.


KOUSHAL competition is based on the State Board syllabus and 80% of the questions will be from Physical, Biological Science and Mathematics Textbooks of 8th,9th & 10th Standards. Remaining 20 % of the questions will be on Indian Contributions to Science

Poster Competition: 

Posters are invited from Class 8th, 9th & 10th Students on following themes: 

  • Biodiversity
  • Climate Change & environment
  • water conservation 
  • Indian Contributions to S&T

Students will be called for uploading poster on above themes and around 36 Posters will be selected for presentation at District Level.  Cash awards will be given to Top six Posters. 

1st: 3000/-   2nd: 2000/- 3rd: 1000/-three Consolation awards: 1000/- each. 

Top two posters at District Level will be allowed to participate in State Level Poster Competition. Again, Cash awards will be given to Top six Posters. 

1st: 7500/-   2nd: 5000/- 3rd: 3000/-three Consolation awards: 1000/- each.

Swatantrata Ka Amrut Mahotsav- Special Prizes for ” Scientists’ Role in Freedom Movement

On this occasion, Bharatiya Vijnana Mandali, Andhra Pradesh trying to propagate the stories of fighters who fought a unique struggle in World history to get rid of the yoke of foreign rule, lock, stock and barrel. This fight was fought at multiple levels and fields. It was not only political, social, cultural and economic but also in fields as varied as Industry, arts, literature, medicine, science and technology. This KOUSHAL platform will appeal the students of the Andhra Pradesh State to pursuit and recognize the role of Scientists and Scientific Domain as an integral part of ‘Swatantrata Sangram’. Here students will be exhibiting their views via poster competition which will be a great catalyst to know power of Indian leadership in the domain of science during colonial rule. For this competition 3 prizes of 3000/- each will be given.

Themes for Swatantrata Ka Amrut Mahotsav Poster Competition:

  1. Acharya JC Bose, his works and satyagraha against discrimination 
  2. Acharya Prafulla Chanda Ray contribution towards Swadesi Sciences 
  3. Indian Association for cultivation of science – Swadeshi movement 
  4. IISc it’s origin & contribution