Bharatiya Vijnana Mandali (BVM), Andhra Pradesh head Quarter is situated at Vijayawada, registered under AP Societies Act 2006. It is having units and contacts in all the Districts in Andhra Pradesh. Bharatiya Vijnana Mandali as a part of its nation-building activities is promoting traditional and modern sciences. Many scientific programs were organized like science talks and scientific competitions for educating the masses at large, particularly the younger generation on “Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.” by specialists in the respective fields.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES:
BHARATIYA VIJNANA MANDALI will be a Scientific, educational and cultural Society dedicated to work for the following objectives.
- To champion the cause of Bharatiya Heritage with a harmonious synthesis of physical and spiritual sciences which nourish each other and flourish together.
- To spearhead the movement for Swadeshi Sciences and Technologies such as Ayurveda, Siddha, Meditation, Agriculture, Vastuvidya, Forestry, Astronomy, Environment, Engineering, Vedic mathematics etc.
- To spread the awareness of the modern as well as traditional contributions of Bharat at all levels in the field of science, technology, engineering etc
- To motivate young scientists and students towards greater creativity and originality:
- To utilize our R and D personnel and Institutions towards development of Indigenous technology and thereby to uphold the identity and dignity of Bharatiya Science in the comity of nations;
- To interface with the Government and other agencies for the development of appropriate policies on education, economics, engineering, technology, industry and the like;
- To encourage the development of appropriate technologies suitable to N East, consuming less energy, less capital, maximum labour with due eco-balance, for meeting the rural needs in a decentralized fashion to the fullest extent possible.
- To confer honours and fellowships on persons of eminence and erudition.
- To make Villages self-reliant by imparting traditional and rural technologies to the people.
- To help in giving modern interpretation of various ancient/traditional scientific achievements, by various means.
- To organize science fairs and competitions for educating the masses at large, particularly the younger generation.
- To co-operate/associate with other organizations having similar objectives.
- To publish books and journals, and organize seminars and workshops etc. on the developments in Science & Technology and on policies towards development.
- To establish educational Institutions, training centres, and research establishments for the development and propagation of these programmes.
- To conduct entrepreneurship development programmes on the theme industries with indigenous technology.
- To promote khadi and village industries products and technologies independently and also in collaboration with their parent organizations or any other.
- To do all such things and acts which are conducive to the promotions and achievements of the above objectives.
- It is hereby declared that the benefit of the activities of the Society shall accrue to General Public without discrimination of caste, creed, sex or community. The members are not entitled to any benefit or income of the society.